What is chiropractic?
What is chiropractic? Here is a brief explanation. Chiropractic is the science, the art and the philosophy of supporting the human being to live to 100% of his potential throughout his life. The object of chiropractic is the detection, correction and prevention of problems affecting the spine and the nervous system. Chiropractic is based on the human body’s innate ability to heal itself and maintain health. Chiropractors have a natural, vitalistic and holistic approach. This means that they see the individual as a whole. They see the body as a complex system in which everything is connected and dependent on each other. Chiropractors focus on the cause of the problem rather than just treating the symptoms. They do not use surgery or drugs to help their clients. Instead, they facilitate and stimulate the body’s innate ability to heal itself.
Who is the chiropractor?
The chiropractor is a university-trained professional who specializes in the prevention, detection and correction of functional disorders of the spine and nervous system. It has various techniques allowing it to reach a large public. More and more people are choosing to turn to chiropractic to keep their health at optimum levels. By having their spine checked regularly, they avoid the negative impact on health caused by our stressful modern lifestyle.
A chiropractic adjustment is an art in itself. It means among other things: to correct, to make work better. An adjustment is very specific. It helps to restore the movement of the spinal joints, decreasing interferences on the nervous system, allowing the body to function optimally.
What is chiropractic? Here are a few good reasons why you should make an appointment with a chiropractor?
- Getting your spine checked regularly is essential if you want to keep it healthy.
- Our more modern lifestyle, think of : too little exercise, too much sitting, our lives that are getting busier, all those stress factors put enormous stress on our body, especially our spine and nervous system.
- Your spine protects your nervous system. That means a spine that isn’t functioning properly will impact your body’s communication system and thus have a negative effect on your overall health.
- To maintain good posture. A well-moving spine allows you to maintain good posture into old age.
- To improve your sleep. Regular chiropractic adjustments help reduce the stress on your nervous system. This will help you sleep better and have more energy.
- To prevent spinal degeneration (osteoarthritis). A well-aligned spine that moves well is less likely to degenerate.
- More and more people are choosing to turn to chiropractic to keep their health at an optimal level. By having them checked regularly, they avoid the negative impact on health caused by our modern stress.
We are member of the NCA and registered with the SCN.